Now that the excesses of Christmas are well and truly over, and the lashings of New Year champagne are a distant memory, most people find their minds drifting over to turning over a new leaf. Health and wellness beckons, the spiaralizer comes out of the cupboard and the bottles of wine are replaced by green smoothies and gym gear.
Dry Janurary is the first port of call for a lot of adults; sick of glugging down the funny juice, you start to feel like your liver needs a bit of a break. Did you know that 16% of UK adults took part in dry Janurary last year, I know, right?!
I used Fentimans Wild English Elderflower as the base for this cocktail. It's so delicious I'd be perfectly happy drinking it over ice, but add a bit of bluberry syrup and mint and you're on a whole other planet!
Blueberry and Elderflower Virgin Mojito
- For the blueberry syrup :
- 150ml water
- 50g blueberries
- 100g caster sugar
- For each mocktail :
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 1/2tbsp blueberry syrup
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- Fentimans Wild English Elderflower Soft Drink
- For the blueberry syrup, combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce to heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- To make each mocktail put 1 1/2tbsp of syrup in the bottom of each glass followed by the mint leaves. Muddle the syrup and leaves together. Add the lime juice, fill up the glass with ice then pour over the Wild English Elderflower soft drink. Give the drink a little stir and garnish with a little extra mint and some lime wedges.